The Armed Response Team (ART) was founded in 2004 by a group of Albuquerque Police Department officers to respond to a growing problem - The inability of the Albuquerque Police Department to promptly respond to burglar alarms. This is a common problem in cities like Albuquerque — due to the growth in home and commercial alarm systems, growing demands on an ever shrinking police department, and the high rate of false alarms.
Our founders grew frustrated watching officers juggle all the demands on their time, resulting in alarm response times that could exceed several hours, if at all. To provide home and business owners with a guaranteed immediate in-person response to burglar alarms, they created ART.
Today ART has grown to be a leading security company in the Albuquerque area market. We are the only company that is dedicated to providing an immediate, in-person response to burglar alarms. We are a New Mexico owned company, dedicated to fulfilling one mission:
Honor the Trust of our Clients
by Protecting Their Homes and Businesses,
As If They Were Our Own Family
Officers: All of our responding officers are retired law enforcement veterans, Our officers are the best in the business! They have at least 20 years of law enforcement experience, primarily having served in the Field Services Bureau of APD. We have officers deployed throughout the city, and on-duty 24/7 and 365 days of year.
Technicians: ART is staffed with full-time experienced alarm technicians. All our technicians are company employees - we don’t use sub-contractors! We can do everything from re-programming and servicing your existing alarm system, installing new residential or commercial alarms, all the way through elaborate access control and camera systems. We have technicians on-call 24/7 and 365 days a year to make sure any equipment emergencies are handled.
Capabilities: ART installs and supports all the latest technology in Home Automation (Internet of Things) including smart phone controls for your burglar alarm, lights, thermostats, video doorbells, and camera’s. For businesses, ART’s staff can support your fire detection equipment, including inspections that are required by the fire department. We also install and service access control systems, video cameras and recorders. As a Honeywell Authorized Security Dealer, we proudly feature Honeywell products, the leader in all areas of alarm and IoT technology.
Customer Service: We have an incredible group of dedicated staff in our front office to handle your account management and service issues. Give us a call, and let us know what we can do to help!
Our management team includes:
• David Meurer, President
• Mike Rising, Chief Financial Officer
• Lowell Trout, Commanding Officer
• Catherine Chavez, Customer Service Manager
• Brandie Safir, Accounting Manager
• Ernie Buerke, Director of Technical Operations
• 100% of our officers are former sworn police officers — with a minimum of 20 years experience each. We don’t hire security guards!
• Officers maintain State of NM mandated training and certifications.
Licensing and Permitting:
• State of New Mexico Private Patrol Operators License # 2142
• City of Albuquerque and Rio Rancho Business Licenses
• New Mexico Construction Industries Division Contractors license
• General Liability and Professional Liability insurance
• Workers Compensation, auto and property insurance
• ART serves both business and residential customers.
• We protect thousands of clients in the Albuquerque Metro Area.
• Please check our Testimonial Page for some of their stories.
Look for our sign wherever you go!