- History – founded by APD officers in 2004 …
- People – all responding officers are veteran law enforcement officers …
- Qualifications – fully licensed and insured …
- Clients – serving residential and business clients …
History. The Armed Response Team (ART) was founded in 2004 by a group of Albuquerque Police Department officers to respond to a growing problem: The inability of city police departments to promptly respond to burglar alarms. This is a common problem in cities like Albuquerque — due to the huge growth in home and commercial alarm systems, growing demands on police resources, and the high rate of false alarms.
Our founders grew frustrated watching their officers juggle all the demands on their time, resulting in alarm response times that could exceed one or two hours. To provide home and business owners with a guaranteed fast response to burglar alarms, they created ART.
Today ART has grown to be a leading security company in the Albuquerque area market. We are the only company that is dedicated to providing an immediate, in-person response to burglar alarms. We are a New Mexico C-Corporation, with a professional management team and a Board of Directors made up of respected business leaders. Our investors include New Mexico Community Capital (www.nmccap.org).
Officers: All of our responding officers are retired law enforcement veterans, Our officers are the best in the business. They participate in a rigorous, state approved training program and maintain their full law enforcement certifications. Our officers average over 20 years of law enforcement experience, including those who served on SWAT, K-9, Training and other specialty units. We have officers deployed throughout the city, and on-duty 24/7 and 365 days of year.
Technicians: ART is staffed with full-time with experienced alarm technicians. We can do everything from re-programming and servicing your existing alarm system, installing new residential or commercial alarms, all the way through elaborate access control and intelligent video systems. We have technicians on-call 24/7 and 365 days a year to make sure any equipment emergencies are handled.
Customer Service: We have a great group of dedicated staff in our front office to handle your account management and service issues. Give us a call, and let us know what we can do to help!
Management: Our management team includes:
Dave Meurer – President
Jeff Wood – Commanding Officer
Catherine Chavez – General Manager
Louise Espinoza – Director of Finance
Kevin Peterson – Technicians and technical support
- 100% of our officers are former sworn police officers — with an average of 20 years experience each.
- 40+ hours of refresher training annually, training professional on staff
- Officers maintain full state certified law enforcement qualifications.
Licensing and Permitting:
- State of New Mexico Private Patrol Operators License # 2142
- City of Albuquerque and Rio Rancho Business Licenses
- New Mexico Construction Industries Division Contractors license
- General Liability and Professional Liability insurance
- Workers Compensation, auto and property insurance
- ART serves both business and residential customers.
- We protect thousands of clients in the Albuquerque Metro Area.
- Please check our Testimonial Page for some of their stories.
Look for our sign wherever you go!